shabby background

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Just your everyday quick errand!

Today I went to Bed, Bath and Beyond to get 3 small items.  Jenna was at home and I had a very slight head cold, nothing really notable unless you are already short of breath!  I went in the store, up the aisle and grabbed the 2 valences I needed, to the back of the store to get my drawer organizer, and back to the front to pay.  It took me a crazy long time and I was huffing and puffing.  Seriously?!?

The clerk, after checking me out, looked at my belly & breathless me and said with a smile, "You must be due any day now, right?" I shook my head and said casually, "No, I'm just pregnant with quadruplets", grabbed my things and was about ready to wobble out the door.  The lady's jaw dropped and the lady waiting behind me made some exclamation.  Then they both asked for clarification.

Whoops!  Gotta remember that even though it is now so normal to me, it is not normally what other people expect to hear!  And there is nothing "normal" about it actually... it is such a blessing from God!  How easy it is to take advantage of His blessings and casually treat them as if they are nothing!!!  Hmmm.... something to remember on my next outing!

1 comment: