shabby background

Sunday, June 3, 2012

22 weeks!


With each week down, I get more and more excited and glad that all continues to be well!  One thing I am noticing now, is that with every passing week my gears shift down significantly.  Without really even becoming aware of it, I find myself avoiding any extra walking and leaving the house/getting out.  It just seems like SO MUCH, and my poor body is running out of motivation to move!  Ironically, I am totally OK with this.  Partly, I think, because I was expecting this, and also because I know it's what I need to do to care for the babies, which I still feel is a huge privilege.  Most of all, I think I am OK with this because my family has been helping out HUGE with Jenna when Andy works and allowing me to do... no much!!

I had my first "alien belly" encounter this week!  I was laying down on the sofa and got up to get more water.  When I stood, I felt a huge tightness over my belly like a contraction, but it was much more on my right side.  I looked down, and the right half of my belly (my baby girl "B's" hangout) was literally raised about 2"!  I was appalled, mesmerized, & delighted all at the same time.  It felt like an alien was about to pop out and start dancing and singing (please tell me there are other SpaceBalls fans out there..).  I pushed her down and slowly my belly morphed into a regular large, round belly again.  From what I understand, this is the first of many crazy belly contortions that I will experience.  Crazy!

All continues to go well and as expected, thanks for all the thoughts and prayers!

Becky

2 comments:

  1. Becky, you look fantastic! Hard to believe there are 4 babies in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Becky,
    This is Beth Obermeyer. Wendy told me about your BIG news and gave me your blog so I can follow you on your wonderful journey! She thought I already heard the news from GRPS, but since I hardly see you, I had not heard yet. Congrats! I am so happy for you. I have been praying for you and will continue to do so throughout your adventure. I look forward to following you on your blog. After having twins myself, I cannot even imagine what it would be like to be carrying quads! WOW! You look amazing! Hugs, Beth

    ReplyDelete