shabby background

Sunday, March 4, 2012

10 weeks, latest ultrasound findings!


Whew!  My body is getting bigger by the day, and is SO tired!  And I ain't seen nuthin, yet!
Andy and I had my 10 week ultrasound on Friday and the doctor confirmed that all 4 babies are healthy and doing great.  They all are good sized (around 2 cm each-- so tiny) but we saw each one moving around, moving arms & legs, and all have healthy heartbeats (around 170-180 BPM).
We also found out that we have a set of identical twins in there!  I have been told that they must have split in the first day, because although they share a sack, they also have their own in it which is ideal because then they won't take each other's nutrients from the other.  If you are a nurse and more knowledgeable in this area than I, feel free to make comments or corrections!
We are excited!!!  Of course, pretty overloaded with things to do, too.  I am officially done working after this week, as I get out of breath doing...well, anything.  I have been amazed at how tired I always am and how hungry I have been, too!
We have so much to do... finish projects, figure out what we will do with our set-up once the babies arrive, etc etc!  The doctor tells me to plan on going on bed-rest (most likely in the hospital) mid-to-late May.  YIKES!  Not only is there a ton to do and think about, but with Andy working third shift we also will need lots of help with our sweet Jenna Joy.  The babies will come around mid-August, so that is a stinking long time for me to be in bed!  Let me make a plea now for helpers and visitors!!!

But God is so good.  People have been donating baby items, and we are truly at peace.  We know this is part of His perfect plan, that God doesn't make mistakes.  We are trying to take it one day at a time...

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness!!! We will be praying for you and the babies and andy and jenna.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing your adventures with us here! I am excited to have this way to hear how things are going for you.

    ReplyDelete