shabby background

Thursday, December 4, 2014

Thankful, Still

Well, it's December and that means Happy Post-Thanksgiving to you!  I intended to post a nice little blog about Thanksgiving on the day of, but then Sickness entered our life for a few days.  Nothing halts life like a mama that is down & out!
Our sweet little family.  Well, maybe not so little, but definitely sweet!
Our family had a wonderful get together on Thanksgiving at Andy's parents.  It is always so nice to be with them, and there is so much to be thankful for!  Right after consuming a delicious meal, poor Jenna's body decided to--- well--- release it.  And all I will say is that night both Jenna and I were in the same boat.  And the next few days I was just plain down for the count.  Thankfully Andy was home the whole time to take care of the kids while I slept my sickness away, and I am extremely thankful that he & the little kids came away mostly unscathed.  I am also very thankful for a mother-in-law and neighbors that helped fill in the gaps when I was unable to do so!

~Give Thanks~
























Being sick and with sick kids, I must admit my tolerance was lower and I lost my temper and patience easily.  And while I could all day long find some sort of justifiable excuse to be a grump and to complain, I have been trying instead to embrace the intent of the holiday- choosing instead to give Thanks to the LORD in every circumstance- and to pluck out the golden threads of thankfulness in every circumstance.
This can be a frustrating exercise.. but oh, such a vital one!
So let me be thankful for the balancing gymnastic skills of my don't-wanna-nap-boys!

I am definitely thankful for this goofball.  
After 11 years of marriage, I can still say Andy is such a perfect partner for me!
I love him so much and am grateful for such an amazing husband, despite his horrible selfies ;)
I am thankful for baths that leave me soaking wet.
I am so thankful for four friends that shared the same belly and continue to share life (and veggie-straws)


I am so unbelievably thankful for this girl.  My Jenna is eager to spend time with her mama, is smart as a whip, and enjoys many things including cooking & going to the theater with me (above is us at Mary Poppins; we are going to the Nutcracker this weekend!)

 I am thankful that Tyler has not broken a bone yet- here he is showing how well he can break through my netting and slip through the stairs banister- ay-yi-yi!


I am thankful for a new kitchen to bake cookies in, and thankful for this awesome assistant!



I am thankful for the Schmidts, who are more like family than neighbors!

I am thankful for lazy mornings drinking hot cocoa (or warm milk) and watching morning cartoons
And....

The third bedroom (a.k.a. Jenna's room!)
The downstairs "play room"
The upstairs addition- the wall was finally cut out!

I am thankful for an addition that is NEARLY COMPLETE!!!

Recently I re-realized it helps me to actually give my thanks OUT LOUD, not just think them.  After all, the bible verse says "may the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my rock and my redeemer" (Psalm 19:14, emphasis mine).   And so I am trying to do this more.

Even though the Thanksgiving season has passed and we are now focusing on Christmas,
I am thankful, still!

Hugs!

Becky




No comments:

Post a Comment